Fasting and Praying: The Faith Diet

 


(Happy, Healthy & Healed)


Imagine being a source of power where God can create a spiritual connect with you through fasting and praying.


For thousands of years, people have used fasting as a way to promote physical wellness, a higher level of consciousness, and hearing the voice of God. Fasting and praying has its origins in biblical times.  From Moses to Jesus, we can see how fasting brought each of them to a spiritual connection to God that surpassed all understanding.  
How about using the power of fasting and praying to become happy, healthy, and healed?  I started fasting in my 20's.  It was a practice that my mother would partake in throughout my childhood.  She would not eat any food for three days. During the food fast, she would only drink water.  I did not fully understand it at the time, but as I began my journey with Christ, fasting became a sacred practice in my life.  The 3-day water fast and praying was challenging at first, but with practice I was able to master it with little stress.  Fasting and praying has become my journey of faith that manifests a happy, healthy, and healed lifestyle.  
Benefits of Fasting and Praying:
1. Focus on God and Sinfulness (Repentance)
  • Seeking forgiveness for the harm you have caused yourself or someone else.
  • Seeking to forgive someone who has caused you harm.
2. Healing of the Mind, Spirit and Body
  • 3 days of water fasting will trigger an immune system response that rejuvenates itself to fight infection.
  • Gives clarity and answers to problems and challenges you may be facing in your life.
3. Prayer for Others (Intercession)
  • God calls us to pray for one another. We should pray when others are sick and/or struggling with life's everyday challenges.
  • It is a way of sharing in God's love for us all.
4. Spiritual Connection & Revelation
  • You will become rooted in God's purpose and plan for your life. In turn, we become reliant on our faith. This is our connection to the source of God's power and dominion over our lives.
  • God will reveal to you the inner strength that he has placed inside of you. You ask and he will answer. You obey and your blessings will be plentiful.
Preparation for Fasting and Praying
1. Pray for a start date: I pray and ask God, when should I start my fast? I make sure that during the days God has selected that I clear my schedule of all outside gatherings with family and friends, if possible.
2. Read Bible scriptures and listen to sermons: I have read bible text about fasting. Even though I have fasted many times over the years, I continue to read fasting verses for inspiration. It reminds me that God keeps his promises.
3. Prayer List: I write down a list of family members and friends to pray for during the fast. I, also, pray for people in the world who are struggling, persecuted, and without basic human needs.
4. Food prep and eating prior to starting the fast: I eat lightly 2 days prior to my water fast. Soups, tuna, and saltine crackers has worked best for me.
5. What happens after fasting ends.prayer continues: I start my meals with soups and fruit juices for the first 24 hours. Then, I slowly introduce meats and vegetables back into my diet. By day 3, I am back to eating my regular diet. I feel no harsh affects when I complete this process.
(Consult physician prior to fasting if you have medical conditions or concerns about fasting.)
Happy, Healthy, and Healed has been my mantra for the past 3 years. God is faithful and I have been able to get through some tough times in my life because of fasting and praying.  My faith journey has proven to be a process of deepening my spiritual connection to God.  Moreover, it become a powerful source of healing emotionally, physically and definitely spiritually.  It is the epitome of the mind, body, and spirit experience.
Stephanie Green - AFG Radio Show Host & A Child of God
For more topics such as this. Listen to The Angeling For God Radio Show Sundays from 9 AM -11 AM on Transform U Radio.


Comments